bugs "create user" "alter user " - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From snieznik
Subject bugs "create user" "alter user "
Date
List pgsql-bugs
hello

   I think i have found a bug . I am  using PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on a
   platform WindowsXP under cygwin. And the bug looks like :

   As a superuser i make a new user called "Paul" with a command :

    CREATE USER techi ;

    and that's ok , when i change user , and i am as Paul trying to
    create a database or user.

 (FIRST METHOD)
     CREATE USER Michael ;    or CREATE DATABASE school  ;
     The output is for both commands : PERMISSION DENIED
            and that's ok.

      BUT when I as a superuser create a new user called "Paul" with
      command
   (SECOND METHOD)
       CREATE USER techi WITH NOCREATEDB NOCREATEUSER ;
       The output is CREATE USER .
       and here is a bug .
         When I am logged to psql as a new user techi and I am trying
         to create a database or create user ---- it is working .
         Paul is allowed to create a new user acount and a new
         database but he couldn't do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
         There is a similar bug , when I create user by the first
         method( i am logged to psql as superuser), and after
         creating a new user Robert I change attributes of a new user account
         typing command
          ALTER USER Robert WITH CREATEUSER ;
          The output is ok .
          But something goes wrong , the user Rober is also allowed to
          create a database!!!!!!!!!!! he shouldn't do it !!!!!!!

           that's all i wanted to tell you .

           take care

                   best regards

                    Pawel Paduch