Re: Transaction handling in extended query mode and Sync message issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Transaction handling in extended query mode and Sync message issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Carlos Guzman Alvarez <carlosga@telefonica.net> writes:
> In the extended query mode documentation i see this:
> "Note:  Sync does not cause a transaction block opened with BEGIN  to be
> closed. It is possible to detect this situation since the ReadyForQuery
> message includes transaction status information."
> I have tested the same cycle with a BEGIN WORK but having the same
> problem, any idea on what i'm doing wrong ???

Did you figure this out?  I can't see any way that a Sync message would
close a transaction started with BEGIN (or START TRANSACTION).  It runs
the same code we run at the end of a simple-Query message, and we'd
definitely have noticed if that were causing premature commit ...