Re: Is there any caveats on toasted fields? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is there any caveats on toasted fields?
Date
List pgsql-general
"He Weiping (Laser Henry)" <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> writes:
> I'm using current CVS tree, the table is simple:
> then I do some insert using sql script, and some work fine, but others
> always
> got such kind of messages like:

> psql:scriptname:1615: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "ll"

> P.S. I'm using MB encoding of EUC_CN.

Hm.  TOAST doesn't care one way or the other about multibyte encodings.
I think you've just found some garden-variety parser bug, or possibly
a psql bug.  Try running the postmaster with -d2 so that received
queries are logged in the postmaster's stdout log file, and then you
can see exactly what query is triggering this error.

            regards, tom lane