Re: BUG #2051: CREATE TEMP TABLE AS SELECT doesn't play nice with ON COMMIT DROP - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #2051: CREATE TEMP TABLE AS SELECT doesn't play nice with ON COMMIT DROP
Date
List pgsql-bugs
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 04:37:14PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> CREATE TEMP TABLE foo ... ON COMMIT DROP;

> It's that first little elipsis mark that's the problem.  Is there
> something really clever I've been missing on how to do a dynamic table
> creation?

Oh, you're worried about what to do if you don't know the output column
set of the query?  OK, that is a bit harder, but I think it's still a
corner case.  How much are you really going to get done with the table
if you don't know what columns it has?

            regards, tom lane