Why is ecpg segfaulting on buildfarm member "clownfish"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Why is ecpg segfaulting on buildfarm member "clownfish"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Has anyone looked into $SUBJECT?  I just today realized that the
ECPG-Check failures on that machine are not the run-of-the-mill
small difference in the expected results.  Rather, most of the
tests are actually dumping core on the client side:

testing connect/test1.pgc                      ... skipped
testing connect/test2.pgc                      ... Segmentation Fault - core dumped
FAILED (log)
testing connect/test3.pgc                      ... Segmentation Fault - core dumped
FAILED (log)
testing connect/test4.pgc                      ... ok
testing connect/test5.pgc                      ... ok
testing compat_informix/charfuncs.pgc          ... ok
testing compat_informix/dec_test.pgc           ... ok
testing compat_informix/rfmtdate.pgc           ... ok
testing compat_informix/rfmtlong.pgc           ... ok
testing compat_informix/rnull.pgc              ... Segmentation Fault - core dumped
FAILED (log, output)
testing compat_informix/test_informix.pgc      ... Segmentation Fault - core dumped
FAILED (log, output)
testing compat_informix/test_informix2.pgc     ... Segmentation Fault - core dumped
FAILED (log, output)
testing preproc/comment.pgc                    ... ok
testing preproc/define.pgc                     ... Segmentation Fault - core dumped
FAILED (log, output)
etc etc

BTW, this is a perfect example of why it's not a good idea to allow
minor regression failures to go unfixed --- people become desensitized.
I know I've been completely ignoring ECPG-Check buildfarm results
for awhile now.