Re: horrible performance when trying to connect to PostgreSQL using ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: horrible performance when trying to connect to PostgreSQL using ODBC
Date
List pgsql-performance
Adrian Maier <am@fx.ro> writes:
> I begin to think that there is something fishy about the ODBC
> support installed on the laptop (i have recently "inherited" the
> laptop from someone else, and i haven't reinstalled the os ).

You'd be better off asking these questions on pgsql-odbc.  I'm not sure
that any of the ODBC gurus read this list.

I believe that the ODBC driver has some incredibly extensive, and
expensive, debug-logging options.  I dunno if max logging would entirely
explain the slowdown you see, but definitely check what you have turned
on.

            regards, tom lane