Re: current breakage with PGCLIENTENCODING - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: current breakage with PGCLIENTENCODING
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> BTW, I have digged into the problem which pg_client_encoding() returns
> EUC_JP even psql starts up with PGCLIENTENCODING=SJIS.

Is it still there for you in CVS tip?  I cannot reproduce it:

regression=# create database euc_jp encoding 'EUC_JP';
CREATE DATABASE
regression=# \q
$ PGCLIENTENCODING=SJIS psql euc_jp
Welcome to psql 7.4devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
... yadda yadda ...

euc_jp=# \encoding
SJIS
euc_jp=# show client_encoding ;client_encoding
(1 row)

euc_jp=# select pg_client_encoding() ;pg_client_encoding
(1 row)

I'm still wondering if you have a postgresql.conf or environment
setting that is affecting this.