Re: Variable renaming in AllocSetContextCreate (will commit soon, no functional impact) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Variable renaming in AllocSetContextCreate (will commit soon, no functional impact)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> This is just to make the variable names in this function consistent with
> the rest of the file (and less confusing). No functional impact, so I'll
> commit soon unless someone objects.

If I'm reading this right, this creates two different variables pointing
at the same object.  That does not sound like an improvement from a
readability standpoint.

If you want to have just *one* variable but change its name and type,
I'd be ok with that.