Re: PG 8.4 to 9.2 upgrade issues with ownership of large objects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG 8.4 to 9.2 upgrade issues with ownership of large objects
Date
List pgsql-general
David Wall <d.wall@computer.org> writes:
> In past PG upgrades, we've done a pg_dump on the current version, then a
> pg_restore on the new version.  But during the 8.4 to 9.2 upgrade (on
> Linux x64), we ran into issues with the permissions associated with the
> large objects after the restore.

Large objects didn't have privileges, nor owners, in 8.4.  If you don't
feel like fixing your apps right now, you can return to the previous
behavior by setting the obscurely-named lo_compat_privileges setting in
postgresql.conf.

            regards, tom lane