Re: Do we need to handle orphaned prepared transactions in the server? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Do we need to handle orphaned prepared transactions in the server?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 01:52:46PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Sorry, I meant something in the Postgres logs at postmaster start.

That seems strictly worse than periodic logging as far as the probability
that somebody will notice the log entry goes.  In any case it would only
help people when they restart their postmaster, which ought to be pretty
infrequent in a production situation.