Re: pasting into psql garbles text - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pasting into psql garbles text
Date
Re: pasting into psql garbles text
List pgsql-general
> I'm starting to feel like my problems start appearing at a very fixed
> size (like you, a few hundred or so).   Do you see this in other
> programs (bash, vim, etc)? or only psql?

I've only noticed it in psql, but there are not that many other programs
that I tend to paste lots of input into.

(experiments...)  Hmm, and another interesting thing is that it only
seems to happen on my HPUX system, which is (intentionally) running a
pretty ancient version of readline ... 4.2a looks like.  My Fedora 10
box with readline 5.2 eats the same amount of pasted text without
indigestion.  What readline version are you using?

            regards, tom lane