Re: location of change list? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: location of change list?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ed Loehr <eloehr@austin.rr.com> writes:
> Can anyone point me to a list of changes and bug-fixes *by release* for
> 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 over 7.0?

The only really accurate info is in the CVS logs.  Bruce usually
prepares a summary for the release history, but if that's not good
enough for you, get out your cvs client and look for yourself.

The best way I've found so far is to cd to the top level of the
area you are interested in (probably the top of your copy of the
source tree) and do

cvs log -rREL7_0_PATCHES -d '>2000-05-10' -N | more

(substitute appropriate branch name and date limit as needed; this would
get you all log messages in the 7.0.* branch since 7.0 release).

This is still pretty noisy --- it prints header info for all files
including ones that haven't been modified in that branch, which tends to
swamp out the stuff you're looking for :-(.  Does anyone have a better
recipe?

            regards, tom lane