Re: problem installing 8.0.0beta5 on OS X 10.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: problem installing 8.0.0beta5 on OS X 10.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Will Arp <warp@reboot.ch> writes:
> removing my custom csh.cshrc file did the trick,
> probably color syntax code I've found here:
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031027145026892
> Thank you!
> Here is my csh.cshrc file, maybe you can spot the culprit,
> and point me to some doc so I can understand.

This is what burnt you:

>    setenv CLICOLOR_FORCE 1

That's an incredibly dangerous setting; whoever suggested making it
a system-wide default is an idiot.  See "man ls":
    CLICOLOR_FORCE  Color sequences are normally disabled if the output isn't                    directed to a
terminal. This can be overridden by set-                    ting this flag.  The TERM variable still needs to refer-
               ence a color capable terminal however otherwise it is not                    possible to determine which
colorsequences to use.