Re: Detach/attach table and index data files from one cluster to another - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

> On 04/12/2013 10:15 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> There's 0 chance of making that work, because the two databases wouldn't
>> have the same notions of committed XIDs.

> Yeah. Trying to think way outside the box, could we invent some sort of
> fixup mechanism that could be applied to adopted files?

Well, it wouldn't be that hard to replace XIDs with FrozenXID or
InvalidXID as appropriate, if you had access to the source database's
clog while you did the copying.  It just wouldn't be very fast.

I suppose it would still be faster than a COPY transfer, but I'm not
sure it'd be enough faster to justify the work and the additional
portability hits you'd be taking.