Re: Database recovery after fs crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J.Henning@t-online.de
Subject Re: Database recovery after fs crash
Date
List pgsql-general
>> How do I do that? I don't know the format of the clog files. The only
>> information I found was in clog.h and xlog.h.
>
> xlog is fairly easy, I think resetxlog or something can work there. For
> clog I just noted from the logs which clog files it was missing and
> created them filled with either 0x00 or 0x55 (I forget if it make a
> difference) and kept going until done.

Thanks a lot for your help. Whatever table I was able to identify I was
able to recover. I just filled every clog file missing with 0x00 and used
pg_resetxlog for the xlog files, just like you suggested. It worked :)
Now, I have at least part of my data back.

  Christian