Re: [HACKERS] sort on huge table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] sort on huge table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Was this resolved?

I tweaked the code some, and am waiting for retest results from Tatsuo.

I think the poor results he is seeing might be platform-dependent; on
my machine current code seems to be faster than 6.5.* ... but on the
other hand I don't have the disk space to run a multi-gig sort test.

Can anyone else take the time to compare speed of large sorts between
6.5.* and current code?
        regards, tom lane