Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: ORDER/GROUP BY expression not found in targetlist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:26 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3. In https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/25521.1465837597@sss.pgh.pa.us
>> Tom proposed adding a GUC to set the minimum relation size required
>> for consideration of parallelism.

> I have posted a patch for this upthread [3].  The main thing to verify is
> the default value of guc.

I'll review and push this patch, unless Robert or somebody else has
already started on it.  I concur with your choice of setting the default
value to 1024 blocks; that's close to the existing behavior but as a power
of 2 will look cleaner in GUC size units.