Re: compression in replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From LEROY TENNISON
Subject Re: compression in replication
Date
List pgsql-admin
Keep in mind that this can be accomplished in other ways depending on what archive_command you're using.  rsync, and sftp (I don't recommend scp due to security concerns but it does compression as well) both have parameters to do in-transit compression.  If i remember correctly Postgresql compression must be enabled on both ends.  I had a situation where that wasn't easy to do and opted for external (to Postgresql) compression.