Re: connect permission based on database name - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: connect permission based on database name
Date
Re: connect permission based on database name
List pgsql-general
Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> writes:
> Just wondering if I've bumped into some security issue.
> I'm somewhat surprised that "grant connect to database <dbname>  to
> <role>" appears to be stored "by name"?

I think you are forgetting that databases have a default GRANT CONNECT
TO PUBLIC.  You need to revoke that before other grants/revokes will
have any functional effect.

            regards, tom lane