narwhal versus gnu_printf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject narwhal versus gnu_printf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I noticed that the build logs for buildfarm member narwhal (a mingw
critter) contain an awful lot of occurrences of

../../src/include/utils/elog.h:159: warning: `gnu_printf' is an unrecognized format function type

Evidently, the following hunk in pg_config_manual.h failed to consider
mingw.  Is there a simple fix?

/** Set the format style used by gcc to check printf type functions. We really* want the "gnu_printf" style set, which
includeswhat glibc uses, such* as %m for error strings and %lld for 64 bit long longs. But not all gcc* compilers are
knownto support it, so we just use "printf" which all* gcc versions alive are known to support, except on Windows
where*using "gnu_printf" style makes a dramatic difference. Maybe someday* we'll have a configure test for this, if we
everdiscover use of more* variants to be necessary.*/

#ifdef WIN32
#define PG_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE gnu_printf
#else
#define PG_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE printf