Re: User Defined Functions/AM's inherently slow? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: User Defined Functions/AM's inherently slow?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Eric Ridge <ebr@tcdi.com> writes:
> costestimate: {
>     PG_RETURN_VOID();
> }

This at least needs to set some values into the output parameters ---
zeroes are okay, not setting them at all isn't.  I'm surprised the
planner doesn't go nuts.  It looks from your EXPLAIN results like
the values are coming up zero anyway, but seeing that cost_index()
doesn't do anything to initialize those local variables, I'd expect
fairly unpredictable behavior.

The other stubs look fine on quick review.