Re: pgsql: Remove "fmgr.h" include in cube contrib --- caused crash on a Ge - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove "fmgr.h" include in cube contrib --- caused crash on a Ge
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
>>> instead. Don't use 'offsetof (struct s, d[0])', as this doesn't work with
>>> MSVC and with C++ compilers. */

>> D'oh ... I bet that last sentence is pointing us at the problem.  cube
>> is using exactly that construct, and for some reason it's crashing.

> I see 35 instances of this coding, and only 12 are in contrib/cube;
> examples attached.

Yeah, so the next question would be why those other ones aren't showing
problems.  But at least now we have a potential mechanism for getting
from "the include list changed" to "cube is crashing on an offsetof",
namely that something is affecting the expansion of the offsetof macro.
Up to now it's been black magic, and I don't like patching around
problems we don't understand any better than that.

            regards, tom lane