Re: [BUGS] BUG #14555: EBUSY error on read() on NFS - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14555: EBUSY error on read() on NFS
Date
List pgsql-bugs
ashwath.rao@altair.com writes:
> We are trying to see what can actually give back EBUSY? Is this on a read
> call or could this be another call? Does the message tell anything about
> _where_ in the code there was a failure?

BTW, there is only one place in the PG 9.3 sources that can return that
exact error string, but some digging down into the called code says that
the errno could possibly be coming from either open() or read(), depending
on whether the process already had the file open.

Interestingly, Red Hat's bug database says that they've fixed two separate
kernel bugs resulting in EBUSY-on-NFS errors in the past couple years.
One bug afflicted open() calls and the other read() calls.  I doubt that
either bug was unique to Red Hat's copy of the kernel.

Again, I think you need to be discussing this with SUSE not us.  I'm not
a SUSE user so I don't know where to look to find out about bugs in
SUSE's kernel versions.