Re: two buglets: createlang and pg_get_triggerdef - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: two buglets: createlang and pg_get_triggerdef
Date
Re: two buglets: createlang and pg_get_triggerdef  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera Munoz <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> writes:
> $ createlang -d alvherre plpgsql
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  c: permission denied
> What's the "c" it's complaning about?

The C procedural language, presumably.  This message is not up to our new
message standards I suppose ... it ought to mention what kind of object
"c" is.

> The second one is in pg_get_triggerdef():

> Triggers:
>     my_little^trigger BEFORE UPDATE ON test FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE foofun()

Bizarre.  It looks fine here.  What platform are you on?  Anyone else
see this?

> This is not on latest CVS, but I haven't seem them reported nor fixed.

Please pull latest CVS and do a full rebuild (make distclean etc).  If
you still see it after that, I'll pursue further.