Re: PG+Cygwin Production Experience (was RE: Path to PostgreSQL porta biliy) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG+Cygwin Production Experience (was RE: Path to PostgreSQL porta biliy)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall@westcountrypublications.co.uk> writes:
> Cygwin is not the only additon needed, cygipc will also be needed (GPL)
> (see: http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/index.html )

Good point, but is this a requirement that we could get rid of, now that
we have the SysV IPC stuff somewhat isolated?  AFAICT cygipc provides
the SysV IPC API (shmget, semget, etc) --- but if there are usable
equivalents in the basic Cygwin environment, we could probably use them
now.

Considering how often we see the forgot-to-start-cygipc mistake,
removing this requirement would be a clear win.