Re: pg_upgrade test chatter - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_upgrade test chatter
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> writes:
> I run 'make check-world' a lot, and I typically use parallelism and
> redirect stdout to /dev/null as suggested in the docs [0].  This seems
> to eliminate all of the test chatter except for this one message:

>         NOTICE:  database "regression" does not exist, skipping

Yeah, that's bugged me too ever since we got to the point where that
was the only output ...

> We could also just create the
> database it is trying to drop to silence the NOTICE.

... but that seems like a mighty expensive way to fix it.
createdb is pretty slow on older/slower buildfarm animals.

Maybe we could run the stderr output through "grep -v", or the like?