How to write Rules on a View to allow all actions as in the physical table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andre Lopes
Subject How to write Rules on a View to allow all actions as in the physical table?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have one problem with a view and his rules.

Ok, I have a table to store Session data, the structure is this:
[code]
CREATE TABLE "cti_sessions" (
    "session_id" varchar(40) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
    "ip_address" varchar(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
    "user_agent" varchar(50) NOT NULL,
    "last_activity" int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
    "user_data" text,
    "coment" varchar(2000),
    "id_utiliz_ins" varchar(45),
    "id_utiliz_upd" varchar(45),
    "data_ult_actual" timestamp,
  PRIMARY KEY("session_id"),
  CONSTRAINT "ckeck_last_activity" CHECK(last_activity >= 0)
);
[/code]

And I have a view with this structure:
[code]
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW "ci_sessions" AS
    select session_id, ip_address, user_agent, last_activity, user_data from cti_sessions;

CREATE OR REPLACE RULE "ins_ci_sessions" AS
    ON INSERT TO "ci_sessions"
    DO INSTEAD
        (insert into cti_sessions (session_id, ip_address, user_agent, last_activity, user_data) values (new.session_id, new.ip_address, new.user_agent, new.last_activity, new.user_data));

CREATE OR REPLACE RULE "del_ci_sessions" AS
    ON DELETE TO "ci_sessions"
    DO INSTEAD
        (delete from cti_sessions where session_id = old.session_id);

CREATE OR REPLACE RULE "upd_ci_sessions" AS
    ON UPDATE TO "ci_sessions"
    DO INSTEAD
        (update cti_sessions set ip_address = new.ip_address, user_agent = new.user_agent, last_activity = new.last_activity, user_data = new.user_data where session_id = old.session_id);
[/code]

If I use the physical table do to the operations with sessions it works OK. If I use the view it won't works.

How can I write the Rules to allow do all as in the physical table?

Best Regards,