Re: BUG #17946: LC_MONETARY & DO LANGUAGE plperl - BUG - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: BUG #17946: LC_MONETARY & DO LANGUAGE plperl - BUG
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/12/23 10:44, Joe Conway wrote:
> 1/ how do we fix the misbehavior reported due to libperl in existing
> stable branches

<snip>

> I was mostly trying to concentrate on #1, but 2 & 3 are worthy of
> discussion.

Hmm, browsing through the perl source I came across a reference to this
(from https://perldoc.perl.org/perllocale):

---------------
PERL_SKIP_LOCALE_INIT

     This environment variable, available starting in Perl v5.20, if set
(to any value), tells Perl to not use the rest of the environment
variables to initialize with. Instead, Perl uses whatever the current
locale settings are. This is particularly useful in embedded
environments, see "Using embedded Perl with POSIX locales" in perlembed.

Seems we ought to be using that.

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team