Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12:03 pm 07/18/08 Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:

> Perhaps you can try reducing the shared_buffers, to see if that helps
> more?

Will try.

> 8MB is quite small for workmem. More shared_buffers is not
> necessarily better.

Ok, but from everything I had read shared_buffers of 1/4 seemed like a
starting point. Will try reducing it to 2GB.

> Also, how much swap are you running?

Started out with 12GB (same as memory) and last night I added 24GB more.
I had 2 instances of inserts going so each exausted about 18GB of ram!