Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Mar 28, 2022, at 12:11 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Version 12 also introduces \dcp (pneumonic, "Describe Configuration Parameter") for listing parameters, with \dcp+
alsoshowing the acl, like:

> The fact that that code is not dry behind the ears is painfully obvious.

<snip>

> On the whole perhaps this should be taken out again

I added the \dcp command after noticing that doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml's "Summary of Access Privileges" table had an empty
columnfor the "psql Command" column for the "PARAMETER" row.  Maybe that's ok.  I thought it would be better if I added
acommand for that.

I don't feel too strongly about it, so I'm removing \dcp from this patch with the intention of introducing it as a
separatepatch for the postgres 16 development cycle.  For now, I'm just putting "none" in that table cell.

This patch also moves the grant/revoke tests in guc_privs.sql into the unsafe_tests directory, fixes them up to be
repeatable,and drops the superuser role that had been negligently left around in prior patches.  The tests that had
beenadded in privileges.sql are simply removed.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment