Re: Enable/Disable Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Enable/Disable Triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
=?iso-8859-1?q?Germ=E1n_H=FCttemann_Arza?= <ghuttemann@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello,
> I tried to execute ALTER TABLE emp DISABLE TRIGGER after_ins_emp on PostgreSQL
> 7.4.13 and I realised that feature isn't include yet in this version.

> How can I enable/disable a trigger in this version of PostgreSQL?

Update?

Seriously, although the tgenabled column exists in that version, I seem
to recall that it wasn't honored everywhere in the code, and there are
some caching effects to worry about too.  I'm afraid you'll find that
changing it manually works only erratically, if at all.

            regards, tom lane