Re: Proposal: http2 wire format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposal: http2 wire format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> A few random, very tired, points:

> - consolidated message for common tasks:
>   - (bind, [describe?,] execute) to reduce overhead of prepared
>     statement execution (both in messages, as well as branches)
>   - (anonymous parse, bind, describe, execute) to make it cheaper to
>     send statements with out-of-line parameters

I do not see a need for this; you can already send those combinations of
messages in a single network packet if you have a mind to.  Tatsuo-san's
point about making it easier to identify which response goes with which
message would improve life for people trying to send multiple messages
in advance of a response, though.

Your other points are sound, except I have no idea what this means: