Re: Posgresql Log: lots of parse statements - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Posgresql Log: lots of parse statements
Date
List pgsql-general
Vikas Sharma <shavikas@gmail.com> writes:
> But why are there so many parse statement occurances for one query?

A "parse" log entry is recorded when the client sends a Parse protocol
message.  So the answer to that question needs to be sought in your
client application's logic.

> In the log I can see these parse statement occurances about 400 times in a
> day and everytime taking longer than 15 secs.

That seems like a mighty long time for parse analysis.  Maybe you're
having difficulties with something taking exclusive locks, thereby
blocking other queries?

            regards, tom lane