Re: [GENERAL] PG 10 and perl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PG 10 and perl
Date
List pgsql-general
Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> writes:
> I started playing with 10, and cannot get it to use the right version of perl.  I'll only use the system version:
> root@firefly:/usr/local/pg10/lib/postgresql# ldd plperl.so
>     libperl.so => /usr/lib64/perl5/CORE/libperl.so (0x00007fc9c67d4000)

Hm, I don't think we've changed anything about that in v10.

> But, here's the thing.  The config.log reports 5.26 version:

That's good, but what's probably missing is an "rpath" specification when
linking plperl.so.  Did you build with --disable-rpath, perhaps?  That's
the usual recommendation when building for Linux, but if you want to use
any non-default libraries, you can't do it.

Go into src/pl/plperl, remove and remake plperl.so, and see whether the
link command includes anything like
-Wl,-rpath,'/usr/lib64/perl5/CORE',--enable-new-dtags

(That's what I see when building with a stock Linux Perl configuration and
rpath enabled.)  If there's no such switch, or if it doesn't point to
where the libperl.so that you want to use is, then there's your problem.