Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Importing tab delimited text file using phpPgAdmin 5.1 GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Community!

I am trying to use phpPgAdmin  (ver. 5.1 with PHP 5.6.39, server CentOS 7, client Win-10 (Japanese)) to import a tab delimited text file (Excel -> save as tab delimited text;  also used notepad to save the same text file UTF-8 encoding) .

Earlier. I had created a table (no columns have double quotes, not mixed case), for example, like this:

CREATE TABLE spec (
rec_id VARCHAR(32)PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,
title_category VARCHAR(255),
doc_type VARCHAR(255),
etc);

In my tab delimited text file, first row has column names (without "") and starting from second row, data, some with double quotes, some with comma, some with brackets.

When I uploaded the file for the phpPgAdmin to import, I got the following error:

ERROR: column "rec_id" of relation "spec" does not exist
LINE 1: INSERT INTO "public"."spec" ("rec_id","title_c...

Why that extra "" in the field name? I don't have it in my text file!

How/where can I tell the phpPgAdmin not to add that extra "" around the field name?

Thanks for reading and suggestions.