Re: Patch for Makefile race against current cvs - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch for Makefile race against current cvs
Date
List pgsql-patches
Klaus Naumann <knaumann@gmx-ag.de> writes:
> attached is a patch which kills a race condition in the current Makefile
> system. The Problem occurs if you compile with make -j3 (as many ppl
> with Dual CPU Systems will do).
> Removing the y.tab.X file is not a good idea as this will trigger
> a second compile in the make install stage ...

Why?  y.tab.X are not make targets, only intermediate files, so I don't
see why removing them will create any problem.  And I don't see why
turning them into make targets as your patch does is a good idea.

            regards, tom lane