Re: Problem while building SRPM PostgreSQL on Red Hat Linux 9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem while building SRPM PostgreSQL on Red Hat Linux 9
Date
List pgsql-general
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> gcc -O2 -g -pipe -march=i686 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../src/include -I/usr/kerberos/include  -c
> -o hba.o hba.c
> hba.c:76: parse error before "c"
> hba.c:76: parse error before '&' token
> make[3]: *** [hba.o] Error 1

I'm betting the system headers define a macro isblank().  I've always
wondered why we don't have more trouble with that.

Try putting "#ifndef isblank ... #endif" around the isblank function
in hba.c.

            regards, tom lane