Re: Rules with "Where" Referencing Other Tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Rules with "Where" Referencing Other Tables
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ian Harding" <ianh@tpchd.org> writes:
> I got away with this under 7.2.3.  I didn't read the docs.  However, under 7.3.1, it blew up the backend.  Since
thereis obviously a good reason for this prohibition, why does the system allow creation of rules that reference other
tablesin the where clause?
> Here is a very simple case.  It doesn't blow anything up.

Would you show us a case where it *does* blow up?

I'd prefer not to forbid subselects entirely in rule WHERE clauses,
but if we have to ...

            regards, tom lane