Re: Postgres 11: Table Partitioning and Primary Keys - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres 11: Table Partitioning and Primary Keys
Date
Re: Postgres 11: Table Partitioning and Primary Keys
List pgsql-docs
> Attached is an idea of patch for the documentation, using this
> wording:
> +     <listitem>
> +      <para>
> +       When defining a primary key on a partitioned table, the primary
> +       key column must be included in the partition key.
> +      </para>
> +     </listitem>

Isn't it the other way around, that the partition key column(s) must be
included in the primary key?  Maybe I'm confused, but it seems like
we couldn't enforce PK uniqueness otherwise.

            regards, tom lane