Re: FATAL error "could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FATAL error "could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so
Date
List pgsql-general
"Jayaraman, Rajaram (STSD)" <rajaram.j@hp.com> writes:
> I have compiled PostgreSQL version 8.4.1 on HPUX 11iV3 (HPUX 11.31) on a ia64 hp server BL870c. When I try to start
thedatabase it creates the data directory and while initializing it gets till creating conversions and then throws a
FATALerror "could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file "/opt/psb/db/pgsql/lib/cyrillic_and_mic.so" ".

Well, the error is perfectly legitimate, because there is no such function
in that file, nor anywhere else in Postgres 8.4.  It did exist back in
8.0 or so, which makes me think initdb is reading some ancient copy of
conversion_create.sql.  You need to straighten out the apparent mixup
of files from different releases.

            regards, tom lane