Re: Is there anyway to create a TupleDesc with uint32 attribute easily? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is there anyway to create a TupleDesc with uint32 attribute easily?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I would actually suggest ditching the normal page layout with line
> pointers and IndexTuples altogether.

It would be a bad idea to remove the page header.  You need the LSN
(someday hash indexes will obey WAL logging), and removing the page
version number seems pretty imprudent also.  I'd be inclined to
stick with the regular header and the existing "special space"
definition.  But yeah, what's in between need not necessarily be
regular tuples.