Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> A little experimentation shows that's indeed what's happening, though.
> Weird.  Is this a deliberate effect, and if so how did you achieve it?

Oh, I see it: the network_cmp function is deliberately inconsistent with
the regular comparison functions on network values.

This is *very bad*.  Indexes depend on both the operators and the cmp
support function.  You cannot have inconsistent behavior between these
functions, or indexing will misbehave.  Do I need to gin up an example
where it fails?