Re: PosgreSQL is crashing with a signal 11 - Bug? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PosgreSQL is crashing with a signal 11 - Bug?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no> writes:
> how can att[i]->attlen possibly change in the interim?  but
> data_length looks corrupted, too.

Unless you compiled with no optimization at all (-O0), the compiler
would likely fold the identical memcpy() calls in the different
if-branches together.  So I wouldn't put too much stock in the
reported line number.

It does seem striking that a 0x2f got dumped into the high byte of the
length word in both cases.  Have you checked to see what the
page-on-disk looks like?  I'd be interested to know if the offset of the
damaged byte within the page is again 0x0fff.

            regards, tom lane