Re: libpq++ build now checks make rc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq++ build now checks make rc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> I am sorry I did not notice, that libpq++.so does not build correctly on AIX
> using gcc,
> because it:
> 1. misses symbols that g++ code needs (libstdc++)
> 2. the exportfile has demangled C++ symbols (would need nm -C)

> I guess this problem shows up on all platforms that don't use the compiler
> to build libs.

Hmm, does the hack in the libpq++ Makefile for irix5 platform also
apply to AIX?

FWIW, HPUX doesn't use the compiler to build shlibs, but I haven't seen
any such failure here...

> So could you please revert that change again, so the build continues.

We have never shipped any prior release with libpq++ success check
disabled, and I don't much like the idea of changing that for 7.0.
Are you claiming that libpq++ used to build on AIX?  If so, what's
changed since 6.5?