Re: inserting/updating a field with the contents of a text file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: inserting/updating a field with the contents of a text file
Date
List pgsql-novice
--- Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually the issue here is that i'm inserting build log snippets, so
> I'm never going to be 100% what will appear.  Single quotes were
> definitely the issue the first time I hit this.  Are there any other
> characters that are verboten, or just single quotes?

Actually, dollar sign quoting lets you create you own custom quoting character.

for example:

$my_quote$This is where the text goes$my_quote$

in this example (') is equal to ($my_quote$)
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-DOLLAR-QUOTING

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.