Re: Use WaitLatch for {pre, post}_auth_delay instead of pg_usleep - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bossart, Nathan
Subject Re: Use WaitLatch for {pre, post}_auth_delay instead of pg_usleep
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/26/21, 10:34 PM, "Bharath Rupireddy" <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> PSA v3 patch.

LGTM.  The pre/post_auth_delay parameters seem to work as intended,
and they are responsive to postmaster crashes.  I didn't find any
examples of calling WaitLatch() without WL_LATCH_SET, but the function
appears to have support for that.  (In fact, it just sets the latch
variable to NULL in that case, so perhaps we should replace MyLatch
with NULL in the patch.)  I do see that WaitLatchOrSocket() is
sometimes called without WL_LATCH_SET, though.

I am marking this patch as ready-for-committer.

Nathan