Re: Memory error in src/backend/replication/logical/origin.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Memory error in src/backend/replication/logical/origin.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> writes:
>         bool        nulls[Natts_pg_replication_origin];
>             memset(&nulls, 0, sizeof(nulls));

> around lines 277 through 303.  Patch below.

AFAIK this is not a bug, though I agree that dropping the "&" is probably
better style.  The reason is that applying "&" to an undecorated array
name is basically a no-op, because without "&" the array name would decay
to a pointer anyway.  With "&", the address-taking is explicit, but you
still get a pointer to the array, not a pointer to some pointer to the
array.  Ain't C fun?