Re: Trouble w/plperl sproc on red hat 9 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Trouble w/plperl sproc on red hat 9
Date
List pgsql-general
Kenneth Downs <ken@secdat.com> writes:
> Eventually we pinned it down to a failed load of a sproc written in
> plperl.  He says he's running a Red Hat 9 system with Postgres 8.1 and
> perl is 5.8.5.  When he takes the plperl sproc and attempts to load it
> through pgsql he gets:
> **** SQL ERROR ****: server closed the connection unexpectedly

It should work if plperl was compiled with that specific Perl version.
If he's attempting to use an RPM built against a different Perl version,
maybe not so much --- I'm not sure how ABI-compatible Perl is across
versions.

            regards, tom lane