Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Per-function search_path => per-function GUC settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 12:41:28PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The most straightforward way to support this syntactically seems to
>> be to follow the per-user and per-database GUC setting features:
>>
>> ALTER FUNCTION func(args) SET var = value

> Would it be hard to extend this into this?
>     ALTER FUNCTION func(args) SET var = value [, var = value ...]

Actually, it would be hard *not* to, because of the way the CREATE/ALTER
FUNCTION syntax is already set up --- but without the commas.  I've got
it working now with SET and RESET as alternatives for
common_func_opt_item.