Re: tabs in psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tabs in psql
Date
List pgsql-general
Seb <spluque@gmail.com> writes:
> But the problem still occurs with 'psql -f INPUTFILE', where tab
> complete is irrelevant, so I'm confused.

You sure?  I can't make the example fail that way.  It does fail
when the example-with-tab is cut and pasted directly into a terminal
window, which is exactly as expected because that's exactly what
would happen if you interactively typed a TAB at that point.  psql
doesn't see anything to complete with so it just beeps at you, without
adding anything to the input.

If you need to enter stuff like this interactively in psql, use -n
to disable readline.

You really shouldn't need -n to prevent tab completion in a -f file
though.  If you can reproduce that then file a bug against whatever
version of readline you're using.

            regards, tom lane